We Collect Information that You Submit/p>
Personally Identifiable Information/p>
Rewards Program Information/p>
Membership Program Information/p>
Mailing List Information/p>
Refer a Friend Franchise Inquiries
- Payment Information. Purchases of products or services, including gift certificate purchases, must be made by credit or debit card. All credit and debit card information are provided directly to our PCI-compliant third-party payment processor. UKW does not directly access or handle your credit or debit card information. To make a purchase, you will need to submit your first name, your last name, your email address, and your credit or debit card type, number, expiration date, security code, and billing address.
- Rewards Program Information. In order to enroll in the UNI K WAX Rewards Program you must visit a participating UNI K WAX Studio and provide your full name, your birthdate, a valid e-mail address, and your current zip code. You must also meet the eligibility criteria described in the UNI K WAX Rewards Program Terms and Conditions. To access your online UNI K WAX account and to link your UNI K WAX Rewards Program Participation to that online account you will need to submit your first name, last name, telephone number, and email address.
- Membership Program Information. In order to enroll in the Bikini or Commando Membership, you must visit a participating UNI K WAX Studio and provide your full name, your birthdate, a valid e-mail address, and your current zip code. We may use the before mentioned details and your appointment history data to tailor targeted communications to you via email and online digital advertisements. You must also leave a credit card on file to facilitate recurring charges as your Membership renews each month until canceled. Full program details are described in the Membership Agreement Terms and Conditions in the Terms and Conditions page on Unikwax.com.
- Appointment Information. To schedule an appointment for UNI K WAX Studio services online, you will need to identify the type(s) of services to be scheduled and you will need to submit your first name, last name, and email address. You may also provide your age or birthdate and physical address. Additionally, when you arrive for an appointment, it is your responsibility to provide your allergies, medications, and any applicable medical conditions.
- Refer a Friend. If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about the Site, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Site. We will store this information for purposes of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
- Franchise Inquiries. If you fill out an inquiry form on the Site with respect to UNI K WAX Studio franchising opportunities, you will need to submit various information pertaining to the prospective franchisee, including your name, your business name, your business’s contact information, the number of years you’ve been in business, and limited financial information pertaining to your business. This information will be submitted to our applicable supplier for evaluation purposes. To proceed further with the franchise inquiry process (including to complete financial applications), you may be redirected to third-party web sites.
Other Information We Collect
- Data collected by the servers used to operate the Site (e.g., IP addresses)
- Location information
- Data collected by cookies
- Data collected by analytics services
- Data collected by social media platforms and embedded content
- IP Addresses and Related Data. The servers used to operate the Site may collect data pertaining to you and the equipment, software, and communication methods you use to access the Internet and the Site, including Internet protocol (“IP”) addresses assigned to your computer, your Internet service provider (ISP), your approximate geographic location, your browser type, the pages you access on the Site, the web sites you access before and after visiting the Site, the length of time you spend on the Site, date and time stamps, and clickstream data. UKW may use this information to administer the Site and its servers, to generate statistical information, to monitor and analyze Site traffic and usage patterns, to monitor and prevent fraud, to investigate complaints and violations of our policies, and to improve the Site’s content and the products, services, materials, and other content that we describe or make available through the Site. We may combine this information with personally identifiable information, other Collected Information, and information obtained from third parties for security reasons. The suppliers that we use to provide the Site may collect information about your visits to the Site and other web sites.
The Site may also use the advertising services and networks offered by those social media platforms to deliver advertising content. Use of these services requires social media platforms to implement cookies or pixel tags to deliver ads to you while you are logged into the platform. If you do not wish a social media platform to collect information relating to you via the Site, we suggest that you: (i) hide social media platform plug-ins using an ad blocker; (ii) always log off completely from the social media platform before visiting other web sites and delete all related cookies; and, (iii) where the option is available, disable the advertising services and networks operated by a social media platform.
- Purpose Collected. We will use your personally identifiable information for the purpose for which it was collected, for example to process your appointment requests, to communicate with you in connection with orders for products and services, and to provide you with franchise, career, and other information and communications that you request. If you register for a UNI K WAX Rewards Program account on the Site, we will use Collected Information to communicate with you regarding your account. Your location information will be used to find a UNI K WAX Studio near you. If you provide us with your telephone number in connection with appointments or your account, we may call you at that telephone number regarding your appointments and account. If you contact us for support or assistance in using the Site, we may use Collected Information to determine whether or not your system meets the minimum requirements needed to access and use the Site and otherwise to contact you regarding your request.
- Text Messages. If you opt-in to receiving text messages on the Site when prompted, UKW will send you text messages confirming and reminding you of your appointments and marketing promotions that you have opted-in for when creating your account. To stop receiving messages at any time, reply STOP to any text message received. Consenting to receiving text messages is not required to buy goods or services, to make an appointment, or to otherwise do business with us. To update your email and text preferences, contact any UNI K WAX Studio or you may update your account preferences online.
- Franchised Studios. We make Collected Information available to each individual UNI K WAX Studio for purposes of providing you with our products and services and responding to your requests for information. Each UNI K WAX Studio may be owned by a franchisee as a separate legal entity from us, however all Customer lists and information are the sole property of UKW. Customer lists and information may not be duplicated, downloaded, extracted, re-created or shared by the franchisee. In addition, information that you provide with any individual Studio is maintained by us as part of your UNI K WAX account.
- Site Evaluation and Improvement. We may use Collected Information: to analyze, develop, and improve the content, materials, products, and services that we make available through the Site and the Site’s functionality; to inform fundraising, marketing, and communication plans and strategies; to evaluate user needs and customize Site content, promotional emails, and your browsing experience; and for other legitimate and lawful business purposes.
- Aggregate Data. We may aggregate personally identifiable information and other Collected Information to create anonymous aggregate data on Site users, which describes users as a group but does not reveal the identity of individual users. We may use aggregate data to understand Site users’ needs, to determine Site user demographics and usage patterns, to determine what kinds of products and services we can provide, and to improve and enrich our products, services, and the Site.
- Security and Protection of Rights. We may use Collected Information and share it with third parties to the extent permitted by applicable law, including in the event of a subpoena, court order, or law enforcement request. UKW will use Collected Information and share it with third parties if we believe doing so is necessary to operate the Site or to protect our rights or the rights of others, including disclosing information necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action in the event of a violation of our contracts, terms, or policies.
- Access by Children. The Site is not directed at children under 13 years of age. UKW does not knowingly collect or use information from children under 13 through the Site.
- Site Access from Outside the United States. If you are visiting the Site from outside the United States, please be aware that Collected Information may be transferred to, stored in, and processed in the United States (where our and our suppliers’ servers and databases are located and operated). The data protection and related laws and regulations of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in the country from which you are accessing the Site.
- How to Access Your Personally Identifiable Information. To access or update your personal identifiable information as it exists in our records, contact us at [email protected].