Wellness franchises are popular but broad. Learn about the different franchise types that are booming right now so that you can narrow down your investment options and select the one that’s right for you.
What is a Wellness Franchise?
Health and wellness franchises are a type of business that offer services or products that promote people’s overall wellbeing – whether that be physical or mental wellness. These types of franchises can be fitness facilities or spas and can also provide coaching, mental health services, healthy food items, or nutrition programs.
Given the heightened interest in wellness over the last couple of years, investing in the wellness industry is an attractive option for entrepreneurs. In fact, the global health and wellness market was valued at $4,886.70 billion in 2022. Additionally, the industry is projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.5% from now until 2030 – capping at a total value of $7,656.7 billion at the end of the forecast period.
Wellness Business Opportunities
There are many different franchise opportunities within the health and wellness industry. Some of the more popular investment categories include:
- Fitness franchises: One of the most popular segments of the wellness industry, this franchise type includes gyms, yoga studios, and personal training services and programs. Customers typically pay a membership fee to take advantage of the services offered.
- Coaching franchises: These franchises provide support to people looking to improve their overall health and wellness. Coaching franchises can specialize in nutrition, stress management, and lifestyle changes.
- Healthy food franchises: Examples of this type of franchise include smoothie bars, juice bars, and healthy fast-food or fast-casual brands. With more consumers increasing their focus on healthy eating, these types of franchises have strong potential for growth.
- Mental health franchises: Providing support and counseling for mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, and addiction, these types of franchises are in high demand. As the mental health crisis in the U.S. continues growing, the need for these services is increasing.
- Spa franchises: With the stress of the last few years, more consumers have been seeking ways to relax and take care of themselves. This type of beauty franchise offers services like massages, facials, face masks, body wraps, manicures, pedicures, and waxing, in addition to other health, wellness, and beauty type services.
Uni K Wax is a leading waxing franchise offering 160 head-to-toe services for both men and women. Each studio is equipped with its own wax lab ensuring our proprietary wax blend is prepared fresh for each appointment. At Uni K Wax, we have always prioritized hygiene – that’s why there’s absolutely no double dipping at our locations. Plus, all of our waxers are extensively trained on our special waxing technique, allowing them to provide the most comfortable experience. Our studios also carry our branded aftercare line so customers can extend their results between appointments.
Join the Health and Wellness Industry with Uni K Wax
Uni K Wax first began when founder and CEO, Noemi Grupenmager, was unimpressed with the waxing services she’d received at spas and salons. Realizing the potential in making waxing a front-of-salon, main event service, she opened the first Uni K Wax location in 1993 in South Beach. It wasn’t long before the studio became a resounding success and Noemi knew she had something special that could grow into something more.
Now, our brand has locations along the East Coast and in Texas. We’ve still got plenty of room to continue growing our franchise and are looking for driven entrepreneurs to join us. To be considered for a Uni K Wax franchise, candidates must have at least $70,000 in liquidity and approximately $300,000 in net worth. Startup costs to open one of our studios ranges between $349,050 and $575,975, including our franchise fee of $40,000.*
To learn more about our waxing franchise opportunity, request information today, and one of our franchise development representatives will contact you soon.
*Please refer to Item 7 in our 2022 Franchise Disclosure Document.